An Enlightening Conversation

I stumbled upon this article today when searching for information about the effects of high heat cooking on proteins in food.  While it does not answer that particular question the discussion between Dr. Mercola and Dr. Cousens is remarkable because they have a sincere dialogue on health and where people should get their nutrients.  To me the best thing to come of this is the idea that there is no one perfect diet for everyone!  We are all obligated to seek out the diet that works best for us.  The key to health is to listen to the body and to try via experimentation to find out what works best for you.  One of my goals as the Cooking Chiropractor is to introduce people to new foods and methods of preparing them.  I talk about mixing cooked foods and raw foods, quality of foods and the importance of exercise and a healthy lifestyle.  This article does a great job of crystalizing that line of thinking. Great article from two very smart and sincere healers.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/16/merits-and-flaws-of-a-wholly-vegetarian-or-vegan-diet.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth HoffmannApril 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

    Have you seen forks over knives? It is a great source of information albeit one sided :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen it although I think Colin Campbell is in it a lot right? I read the China Study several years ago and really liked it although I tend to lean towards thinking a little meat is a good thing. Maybe I'll pick it up this weekend. I do want to see it.

    ReplyDelete